DON'T CRY ANGELSPAN>
Don’t cry for me
I hope you smile
Dont’ You Cry
Music and Lyrics by
Vocals - Mark Greenawalt
BEHIND THE MUSIC:
- Check out the video on the making of the stained glass window set piece for the video here https://youtu.be/3SdOBqnfArQ
- The initial tracks were recorded as a student project for Daniel Armijo at the Conservatory of Recording Arts in Phoenix, Arizona. This included the bass, drums, piano, the synth solo, and an original vocal track that was later re-recorded with revised lyrics.
- The origin of the songs lyrics are about a friend of Angel Pizarro who passed away. He wrote the first pass of lyrics and then collaborated with Greenawalt around the his grand piano. The lyrics were "word smithed" several times before reaching the final version.
- The overhead shots were done with a make-shift "camera-on-a-string-draped-over-a-backdrop-stand-raised-and-lowered-by-a-revolving-drill-bit". It seemed to be a good idea, but most of the footage was shaky and unusable. It was worth a try and a few clips actually made it in (look for the shots with light blue shirt). - The footage of Angel playing drums was actually shot in the studio when we were at the Conservatory of Recording Arts. The footage of Webb and I there was not as presentable. Webb has since moved away to Colorado, but he was kind enough to film himself playing the song and send me the footage to include. All of Greenawalt's footage was shot in his piano room except the keyboard solo shot in the recently tiled bathroom. The stained glass window was taken to Savanah's house to record her parts.
- This video was mostly filmed during the Corona virus pandemic in March of 2020. Hopefully the message can be comforting to those who have experienced loss from this unseen menace.
UPC - 767501401919
Recorded at The Conservatory of Recording Arts and engineered by Daniel Armijo. Additional tracks added and final mixing completed using Logic X Software at Greenawalt's home studio.
Official Music Video - Aerialist - Dakoa O'Kane, Aerialist Video Footage - Glen Goldblatt, Angel - Savannah Marie Greenawalt, Overhead Video Footage - Zane Greenawalt, Bass Player Footage - Webb Pickersgill (the bassist), Everything Else - Mark Greenawalt (Director, Editor, Cinematographer, Lighting, Camera Operator, Set Decorator, Prop Master, oh, and lead actor) Edited in Premiere, Cameras used were Canon 5Dm3 and iPhone